Sunday, November 14, 2010

Narnia is the place!

Since leaving home over a week and a half ago I have been listening to The Chronicles of Narnia, the Audio Version by Focus on the Family which C.S. Lewis wrote.  It has really helped in passing the time.   As I have traveled, Lewis' books have opened up my mind to ideas and concepts about this Life and Eternity that have before now been non existent in my thinking! 

I am 'hearing' what is being read with almost new 'eyes' or 'ears' in this case to Jack Lewis' insights as to how the world is from his point of view.  Just the concept of who Aslan is, in the story... is amazing! 

There was one character in the story who encountered Aslan and was so very fearful of being in his presence and haltingly asked who he was and Aslan replied, "I am myself!"  It just makes me wonder what it was like for Moses before the bush that was burning but did not burn up, as he asked what GOD's name was...!

Trey 

No comments:

Post a Comment