Saturday, September 3, 2011

One more Day to wait!! Then we START!

Tomorrow is the day we begin Trey's Trek!  It is like some sort of dream!  

I am not sure who is going to begin this journey with me but there is a good anticipation building!  Folks have told me that they will come!  We'll see...

Roughly the last two months of this Summer 2011, have been used to prepare myself for the 300 mile trek to Mackinaw.  Now...I know that I can actually walk 300 miles because I walked 311 miles in preparation to be able to walk the 300, when the time comes!   

This 300 mile journey that will take me to the northern most city in the Lower Peninuslar of Michigan is the fartherest point North in the Lower Peninsular that you can walk to.  I did originally want to walk across the bridge ("Big Mac" - a 5 mile suspension bridge connecting the Lower Peninsular with the Upper Peninsular) and had scheduled my Trek to end up in Mackinaw City on the 5th of September, 2011... to be able to walk across that bridge with thousands of others who do that every year!  But... Becky said because I was so old and rickity
and that I would just croak if I started out in August in the heat, walking... So I changed it to begin on September 5th!  Just kidding!  She didn't say "croaked!"  But if I tell you what she did say, you would think that she really did love her ole' husband!  She loves me so much that she is even going to do some of the route with me but not the whole thing, somebody has to work!!!  
Becky, (flower) and Trey

So...32 'walking' days, since June the 30th, have been partially used for training, sweatting, working through pain, enduring the heat, walking through the blisters and handling tired muscles and joints along with enduring sore feet and watching what I eat... just to be able to know that when the start date arrives, that I still have the ability and the confidence to actually 'git from here to thare' without 'fallin' out!'  Ain't nuttin' uglier than an old athlete who thinks he can still run faster and jump higher and leap farther than the stories that people embelished about him when he looked like Hercules, in his "Hey Day!"  LOL!

Scripture does talk about a crown that we get for running a race!  And that physical exercise does have some merit!  But in the long run the fame and seeming glory of such events and athletic events are like melting ice under the hot sun!  It don't take long and it's all gone!  In reality, the only thing that lasts is what all the training and the endurance pointed to.  And if those who submitted themselves to such riggers, do not pay attention to what is being communicated, verbally and by example, they will totally miss the boat in regards to why they are paying such a price for only a leafy crown, a shiney metal and one year of fame!  


With my feet on the Ground!

Simply Trey

p.s. War Eagle!  & Go Army!



No comments:

Post a Comment