Monday, October 24, 2011

Day TWO (e) (out of order) September 6th! Trey's Trek continued...

In the Shadow of the Cross!
Luke and I saw this on the ground!  It reminded us of the sacrifice that was made on our behalf!  Sobering to say the least!  But you never know when you are going to be confronted with the reality of what Jesus did for you.  So I try to keep my heart open for what He would show me and tell me!  Because if He is showing me something, He is actually 'telling' me something!  So paying attention is a good thing!  Being sober minded is a quality that can fit anywhere, anytime...even when we are enjoying ourselves!  Being alert 'in heart' keeps the lines of communication open and makes it where Jesus can 'call at any time' and will not get a 'busy' signal! 


This is our host for the 2nd night on Trey's Trek...
My Friend Steve showing me 'how to fish' Commerce Lake!
As we got closer to our destination today we walked through a residential neighborhood there in Commerce Township.  Our friends opened up their home to us for the night.  They live right on Commerce Lake!  It is a splendid place and the hospitality that they offered was awesome!   They even took us  fishing before dark!  That was a real treat!  Here are some photos of our evening!  
Steve caught supper for us!   He is a real fisherman! 
It is a wonderful thing to have friends!  Especially when they like you and you actually like them!  Those are the best kind!  
Mrs. Grace Halford!  Luke's Wife and our Daughter imitating Steve...
Grace who is "great with child" walked A LONG WAY yesterday with us up Hines Drive!  She is a real Trooper when it comes to getting involved with what Jesus is doing!  
"Trekking Trey" with a fishing rod!   Also imitating Steve!  "Sooner or later... here fishy, fishy...!"
Steve really was an awesome fisherman the day we went out with him!  We did eat that Wall Eye that he caught for Supper and eventually I was able to hook one and reel it in!  It has been a long time since I have fished and on top of that, catch one!
I am the "Bass Man" on the boat today!  LOL!!!
To say the least, our second day of walking for "Trey's Trek" was interesting, eye opening and fun!  Now don't kid yourself... we did get tired but the hospitality of our friends Steve and Raina really helped ease the pain of sore feet, tired legs and aching backs!  Thank "Ya'll!"  You were a 'reel' blessing, as was Matthew the night before who was in the middle of moving his home from Phymouth the Detroit!  Brother, you were a gracious host in the middle of all your packing!  Bless you!
Commerce Lake at Dusk! A wonderful sight at the end of an awesome day!
We spend some time praying for Dearborn and Dearborn Assembly before we went to sleep.  I wish  it would have been different but it was another rough night of sleep!  The morning would come with a new day to Trek through and another friend to join me!  What would happen tomorrow?  Only the Lord knows but at least I would have the assurance the He would walk with us!  Thank you Jesus!

With my feet still on the Ground! (facing North!)


Simply Trey

No comments:

Post a Comment