Friday, July 22, 2011

Getting in Shape!...Day 14!

This morning I awoke at 5:00AM.  Had a cup of coffee and a bowl of cereal.  Took care of business... loaded up my back pack with two Camelbak water bladders.  I repaired the small boots on my walking
sticks with new bike inner tubes and some duct tape and headed out!

This morning I headed up Hines Drive again (that is such a nice walk!) and covered 10 miles today!  It was very hot again but I was feeling strong with relatively few pains that morning!

But Becky this morning took me to the Office and I began my practice trekking from there!  I would like to share some photos with you of some of leg #1 for Trey's Trek that will begin on September 5th 2011... at our office on Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI

Oh, before I do that... Let me show you something that is amazing!  My friend Chris gave this to me!  It is like a small deodorant stick but it has an ingredient that you apply to places on your feet where blisters can occur or are occurring.  It is good stuff!  It really works!  It is called "Friction Block!" Check it out!



OK, Now for the photos of the trail that go to Hines Drive that begins on the property of University of Michigan Dearborn and Henry Ford Estate...
Trail near Henry Ford's House

Trail behind U of M Dearborn
Trail leading around the Garden at U of M Dearborn







Trail as it enters the woods going to the River Rouge Bridge













Trail going over the River Rouge Bridge



Trail leading to Hines Park Drive Past the Rouge River Bridge















This is where you come out of the woods  and the trail joins the Hines Park Drive!  
It is amazing to me that this park splits the whole Metro area of Detroit in two!  When you are here you do not know that there are thousands of houses to your right or to your left!  It is a piece of peace in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the Detroit Metro/City life!  I really enjoy it!  Thie park is over 20 miles in length!  Thank you Wayne County Parks for maintaining such a great piece of property for us who live here to enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment