Monday, August 6, 2012

DAY SIX (e), Saturday, September 10th! of Trey's Trek cont..... 

Gran'ma's Table!  Set and ready... as an awesome treat at the end of the day!
Sometimes when you start something, you need to know what you're 'going for!'  Well, at the 'finish line' today, what awaited us was "the most, goodest" cookin' that you could be allowed to sink a tooth in!  (after walking 31.9 miles!!!)  It seemed so lucious... that it made my 'tongue just jump up there... and slap me up side the head,'!  Now that's good!   I didn't mind it at all!


David Parvu on Trey's Trek
Birch Run, MI

Let me digress a bit... After David and I headed out of Birch Run, we walked West to intersect the road that would wiggle its way North and West through the country side up to Bridgeport, MI and then toward Saginaw and Saginaw Township where my in-laws live.  This day was the longest leg of the whole Trek North and without David being with me, it would not have turned out the way it did!  He started out walking with me but others joined us after lunch about half way between Birch Run and Bridgeport.  Folks like my Father in Law Bill Severance and Luke my Son in Law and Louaii my friend from Dearborn (who drove up from Dearborn to make the trip with us this day).  It is always good to have partners!   

Then on our way out of Bridgeport, about a quarter of a mile out...David was as strong as ever!  But all of the sudden it was like he had a 'blow out' and he went down!  He spent the next 15 minutes or so trying to 'stretch out' and regain his strength but the injury was too significant for him to nurse back into shape, so we called for the 'sag wagon' and he was driven the rest of the way in.  But I have to tell you... this man is a trooper!  He walked over 20 miles with me before having to 'throw in the towel!'  He was a great walking partner!  


David stretching out a 'pulled muscle!'

David and I walked through some really deserted areas where there were only woods and fields and train tracks!  At times,  the road would just stretched off into what seemed like 'nothing!'  The sky and the sides of the road and the road itself would all just converge down into a pinpoint off into the distance... With that kind of perspective, it is hard to get motivated!  This is why it is so important to have a 'walking partner'!  Someone to go the distance with you!  Someone to walk beside you and encourage you!  Someone to strengthen you along the way with them just 'being there!'   Granted; sometimes in life you must 'walk alone' but most of the time the 'road of life' needs traffic and especially traffic that is going 'your way' and with the 'same intent and purpose' for which you are walking!  The phrase "the more, the merrier," really fits well here!  It is just a thought... but I think that the LORD knew what He was talking about when he said that 'it is not good for man to be alone...'.  There is something to that!  

With this leg of Trey's Trek today, being over 30 miles, the darkness overtook us as we walked away from Bridgeport, MI through Saginaw toward Saginaw Township.  It was probably the most grueling trek thus far!  My father in Law Bill Severance who is over 80 years of age, actually set the pace for me from Bridgeport to Saginaw Township!  If it had not been for him on this last leg of the Trek ...I would not have made it!  That segment of the Trek was over 10 miles long... alone!   He set a 'motivating' pace that I had to keep up with and he did not let up until we reached his house!  

It was dark when we arrived but supper (photo above) was on the table and the lights were on!  So the wonderful meal that was laid out for us when we arrived, really helped sooth the 'fierce tiredness' that we were feeling upon arrival!



The Bridge across the Titabawasee River, Bridgeport, MI
(Dad Severance, David Parvu and My son in Law Luke Halford)

The paved trail leading to Bridgeport along the Titabawassee, River...
My son in Law 'Luke Halford' and my Father in Law 'Bill Severance'
This may be a side note but that's OK!  This is my blog and I can write what interests me!  LOL!  
One the way up the road today, this tree struck me as 'the most excited tree in the woods!'  I don't know why... particularly, except for the fact that while the other trees around it were just kind of drooping over and their leaves were just kind of hanging... this tree seemed to be shouting!  It's branches from the limbs were mostly shooting upward.  Even out from  the ends of the tree branches, the 'pine fur' was pointing up!  It just looked alive and excited to be there!  I wonder if there is a message there!  Just wondering!  It is interesting what you see when you walk!


After almost 32 miles of walking in a single day,  Louaii and I just stared at my feet wondering why they were smoking!  Are feet suppose to smoke?

Well, I guess I better quit for now!  There was more 'stuff' that we saw and did on this day,  being the longest day but I need to bring this one to a close!  

Thanks so very much "Gra'ma" for the awesome meals you "fixed" us the two days we were with you!  You and Dad Severance are the most wonderful In-Laws anyone could ask for!  

With my 'tired' feet on the Ground!

Simply Trey

No comments:

Post a Comment