Saturday, July 9, 2011

Getting in Shape!... Day 6

This AM I was back at it again.

I have been nursing a blister that I found (that I did not know was there) under a calous on my 4th toe to the right on my right foot.  So getting back to walking this AM was a first in several days. I feel good and my feet are adjusting. But it seems that sometimes the pain just travels around!  Dumb pain!  Be still!  You bug me!

This morning as I walked out of the yard, the thought hit me... it says in Revelation that 'Jesus walked among the lampstands...!'  Wooo, this is going to be good, I thought!   So I came home and looked it up. 
It is in Revelation 1:10-20... and it says
    
       On the Lord’s Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, which
    said: “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna,
    Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.” I turned around to see the voice that
    was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and among the   
    lampstands was someone like a son of man, dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and
    with a golden sash around  his chest. The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as
    snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and
    his voice was like the sound of rushing waters.  In his right hand he held seven stars, and
    coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining
    in all its brilliance.  When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right
    hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I
    was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.
    “Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later.  The mystery
    of  the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lampstands is this:
     The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven
     churches.
 
My goodness!  This is like having a whole Cold Stone's Ice Cream Story and being faced with the reality of eating all of the 'stock' in one sitting!  This is just too much!  So take a moment and think on this... Saleh!  (And that ain't just Eric's last name!!!)
 
But just to pick at it a bit... since I am walking alot these days... the idea of  'Jesus walking' anywhere interests me!  Especially among the gathering places of believers better known as the church... that is, if HE is invited!  Jesus  walking there is amazing to me.  It is energizing that HE still does this but that is another story for another day! 
 
It's almost strange, since starting this thing called "Trey's Trek."  I am more keen to anything deals with walking... like shoes, or titles of books, to conversation about walking,,, to what Scripture states about walking, especially when GOD walks... Anyway, this day as I was "walking" on Wyoming Avenue, early on this day, a guy comes out of "Superior Coney Island on Wyoming" in Dearborn.  He comes out following this one person who has already left and before he gets through the door he holds onto the door with his left hand, holding it open and says to the man who has walked out before him.  "...you gonna walk on back?"  I said to my self, 'you better pay attention, you are going to learn something here!'  So I listened but that was all that I could really hear except for "...you gonna walk on back?"  Wow... Lord what are you saying to me!   So I tried to open up my heart for what was coming today!  Right at that time ... an old song came to mind that Granma Severance used to sing to my kids..."I am walking, daily walking, and I'm talking, daily talking, to my Savior..."  She can sing it to you later...But it is a neat old song! 
 
Somewhere along the walk today it occured to me that Jesus probably walked everywhere he went except for the few times when he was in boats going here or there or preaching!  So if Jesus can walk so can I!  That is an awesome thought!
 
This day I did not walk as far, only 7.5 miles. But it was a good brisk walk!  It was a good walk considering that I had not been out for the past two days.  Tomorrow would be better...
 
"How's your WALK with JESUS?

Simply Trey

No comments:

Post a Comment