Saturday, July 9, 2011

Getting in Shape!... Day 8

Day 8!  Now this does not mean that I have walked 8 days straight without a break.  I did take a break from walking last Sunday, along with Monday and Tuesday because of a blister that I discovered under a calous as I was working on removing it!  That was strange for me!  Anyway, I picked up the schedule again Wednesday morning, Thursday, Friday and here we are today, Saturday July 9th, 2011. 

The total miles that have been Trekked in these 8 days is 74.  I do have to say that my legs are becoming stronger and my endurance is building although my feet are still a bit sore but that will come around too with time.  

Tomorrow I will 'take off ' and rest these old legs again!  I am looking forward to it! 

This morning I rose at 5 and wanted to get started at 6 because of some guest we have at the house.  I did not want to have my trek take up most of the day while they are here.  So I just went about 2.5 hours this AM covering almost 8 miles.  It was a good briks walk.  At the 1.25 hr. mark, I stopped and rested for about 5 minutes and then went toward the house. Just as a note of interest.  This morning again, there was an older person who was riding a bike.  As they rode by me they asked if I was going skiing!  What is it with the older folks and these walking sticks! LOL!

I am looking forward to next week; to be able to walk farther than the 14 miles in one day that I walked this week!  I want to follow the "Trey's Trek" Route on  Edward Hines Drive farther up than were I stopped yesterday at Merriman Road and Hines.  Hines Drive is such a nice walk that I may use it from now on out... but I have time to think that through!

One of my goals in getting ready to make this 300 mile Trek to Mackinaw from Dearborn is to do atleast a 20 mile trek on one day,  knowing that I can continue if need be.  That is a mile stone for me right now!  As a whole, I feel that if I can handle each individual leg of the trip in length 'now' as walking them 'now' (in practice) and not be worn out; I will be in good shape for the whole of the Trek.    If I can do that I feel confident that I am getting in shape for the total trip... but we will see!    That is my target at the moment.  We are still 7 weeks  out from the commencing of "Trey's Trek,"  September 5th, 2011 from our office on Michigan Avenue, Dearorn. 

So those of you who are planning on making this first leg... work for you, I want you to know that it is going to be a beautiful walk!  As you prepare yourself by walking, please pray!  Prayer is vital and necessary!  I know that in this event we are not wrestling but the Scripture says that 'we are not wrestling against flesh and blood' but against principalities and powers that are mean!  They don't play fair and your intercession can sheild all of us from unnecessary struggles betwen now and September 5!

Putting one foot in front of the other!

Simply Trey

No comments:

Post a Comment